Community Collective Society for Integrated Development (CCFID) with the support from National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) implemented Umbrella program on Natural Resource Management program in Cuddalore district of Tamilnadu since March 2010.
The main objectives for launching this program were as under:
- To promote best practices of cashew production, hybrid plantation among small and marginal farmers.
- To create awareness on cashew cultivation based on best practices of natural resource management.
- Bringing all farmers and processors under one umbrella of Producer Company for better price control and market linkage.
- To promote institution building for increasing mutual understanding and knowledge of farmers and processors
- To provide assistance regarding value addition, working capital support for small scale processors
- Facilitating linkage of the farmers and processors to various government and private institutions to improve their knowledge base about improved methods and techniques.
- Facilitating finance and market linkage options to small processors to improve their source of livelihood.
- Transform Cuddalore district as an illustration for Natural resource management under cashew.
The sole goal of the program was to impact the lives of several small and marginal farmers and processors by facilitating them financial and non- financial support. The aim was to make them self- sustainable and well educated about various programs and schemes available. The purpose was also to promote good practices related to cashew farming and processing by linking them to several government and private agencies.